An Instant Pot makes it simple to make creamy, delicious rice pudding. Served with cinnamon and maple syrup is a special touch.
(made in Instant Pot)
- 1 cup rice (Arborio)
- 1-1/2 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ to ¾ cup raisins (optional)
- In the pot, combine the rice, water and salt. Lock the lid in place, select Pressure, and 3 minutes cook time.
- When beep sounds, turn off cooker, and natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release rest.
- Add 1-1/2 cups milk (or part half/half) and sugar to rice in the cooking pot and stir.
- Whisk eggs with the remaining ½ cup milk and vanilla. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into the pot.
- Select Sauté and cook, stirring, until mixture starts to boil. Turn off cooker.
- Remove pot from cooker and add raisins. Serve warm or cool. (Thin with a little milk if too thick).